Test is moved till tomorrow! Make sure you STUDY!!! Here is the link to the jeopardy game we played today: https://jeopardylabs.com/play/meteorology-jeopardy11
We also went over the Study Guide for this unit, make sure you bring it tomorrow to turn it in.
Here is the information you need for your Folder tomorrow:
Unit 7 Folder
Front Pocket: Do Nows (4 weeks starting on 1/25/16)
Unit 7 Vocabulary
Performance Task sheet
Air Pressure Study Guide
Climate vs. Weather sheet (scenarios and gallery walk with brainpops and double bubble)
Air Pressure Lab
Heat Transfer Lab
Any storm project information/rubric
Heat Absorption Lab (Sand and water lab)
Greenhouse vs global warming double bubble
Land Breeze and Sea Breeze handout
Gravitational Wave article (1st and 2nd period only)
Meteorology review questions
p. 503 science questions
Air Masses and Fronts Notes
Back Pocket: Returned Work and Quizzes
HW: STUDY FOR YOUR TEST TOMORROW! Unit 7 folder due and Unit 7 Study guide due tomorrow.
Today we took a short quiz on Storms but were able to use our Storm Books to help :)
We also started on our Unit 7 Study Guide and got our papers back for Unit 7 to help us study as well.
For those that were interested in the chemical equation for the wack-a-packs that were given out, here it is:
H3C6H5O7(aq) + 3NaHCO3(aq) --> Na3C6H5O7(aq) + 3CO2(g) + 3H2O(l)
(citric acid) (sodium bicarbonate)...(trisodium citrate)
HW: Finish Unit 7 Study Guide
Unit 7 Folder is due TUESDAY so make sure you have it organized. Unit 7 Test is Monday!
Today we finished up presentations and went over our Storm Book in preparation for a short QUIZ on Storms tomorrow. Make sure you take a second look at the power point we went over today to make sure you know what you need to know about storms!
We also looked at Air Masses and Fronts today as well and completed some notes, watched a study jam located at: http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/jams/science/weather-and-climate/air-masses-and-fronts.htm , and took a look at a local weather map.
HW: Make sure you finish the Air Masses and Fronts sheet, study for your Storm Quiz, and study for the Meteorology Test on MONDAY!
In 1st period we finished presentations and will begin air masses and fronts tomorrow. In 2nd and 3rd we reviewed storms and what it takes to make tornadoes and hurricanes.
HW: Finish the Brainpop quizzes on Tornadoes and Hurricanes and questions from p. 503 to help you review information that will be on the test Monday!
Today we had science compacting so you may not have had me today! I will see you all tomorrow and finish up presentations and start air masses and fronts. Remember to study for your meteorology test that is scheduled for Monday!
HW: Study for Meteorology Test Monday!
BOX TOPS ARE DUE TOMORROW FOR YOUR HOMEROOM. The homeroom with the most box tops will win a doughnut breakfast! Hopefully our homeroom will win again!!
Today we finished up presentations. In 1st and 2nd period, we still have some more to do so we will finish that up on Wednesday. Tomorrow we will be compacting but make sure you report to class FIRST to find out where you will report to for the remainder of class.
HW: None! Begin studying for the Meteorology Test that is scheduled for next Monday!
1. Watch the study jams video FIRST at http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/jams/science/weather-and-climate/air-pressure-and-wind.htm
2. Click on 'test yourself' on the main page of the video that you watched for #1 and answer the questions. WRITE DOWN YOUR ANSWERS ON YOUR OWN SHEET OF PAPER
3. Watch the study jams video at http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/jams/science/weather-and-climate/air-masses-and-fronts.htm
4. Click on 'test yourself' on the main page of the video that you watched for #3 and answer the questions. WRITE DOWN YOUR ANSWERS ON YOUR OWN SHEET OF PAPER.
5. Watch the study jam video at http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/jams/science/weather-and-climate/weather-and-climate.htm
6. Click on 'test yourself' on the main page of the video that you watched for #3 and answer the questions. WRITE DOWN YOUR ANSWERS ON YOUR OWN SHEET OF PAPER.
5. Go to www.myskillstutor.com and make sure you have completed the 'Weather and Climate' assignment and the 'Storms' assignment
Username: lunch #
6. Go to www.brainpop.com and watch the 'Earth's Atmosphere' , 'Greenhouse Effect' , 'Global Warming' , 'Winds' , 'Wind Energy' , 'Weather', 'Tornadoes' , 'Hurricanes' , and 'Thunderstorms'
Today we started our Storm Project presentations! Make sure you have it ready on Monday when we get back from break if you did not present today.
HW: 1st and 2nd period: Complete the Meteorology questions AND the article questions
3rd period: Complete the Meteorology questions
Thank you for all the Valentine's Day love and goodies as well :) Have a fun and safe week off.
Today we took our Unit 7 Quiz 2 on Heat and Wind. Grades will be in the gradebook tomorrow. We also started making our storm books in preparation for the presentations on our Storm Projects tomorrow.
We also watched the Study Jams on air pressure and wind! http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/jams/science/weather-and-climate/air-pressure-and-wind.htm
HW: STORM PROJECT DUE TOMORROW!!!!!
Today we went over Winds and watched the brain pop. We will start a quick gallery walk tomorrow at the beginning of class. We also analyzed our data from our Heat Absorption Lab and finished filling out our lab sheet. I have attached the data in case you want to take a look at it or finish your lab sheet.
HW: Winds Quiz TOMORROW! Make sure you have finished your lab sheet
Storm Projects are due FRIDAY!
Today we started our Heat Absorption Lab! We will analyze the data tomorrow to see if the sand or water absorbed heat faster (heated up quicker) and if the sand or water let go of that heat faster (cooled down quickest). We also got a little time to work on our Storm Projects and also completed a classwork assignment on sea and land breezes.
HW: Finish Classwork (if not already turned in) Watch the video on WINDS below. Make sure you fill out your notes (on the back of the air composition notes)
Today we learned the difference between Global Warming and the Greenhouse Effect. We also compared the two in order to see how one may be affected by the other. We also go started on our Heat Absorption Lab that will happen tomorrow in class (if you have not finished fill in your lab sheet, use the power point below to help you!)
HW: Finish double bubble on greenhouse effect and global warming (There is another power point attached to help you with this if you get stuck)
Storm Project is due FRIDAY!!!!
Hope everyone had a great Thursday and Friday! Make sure you turned in your 20 questions from the volcanoes video and your answers to the oceans video on Friday.
In other news: I got to present at the Georgia Science Teacher Conference in Stone Mountain and talk about how amazing you guys are and the work you guys did on their Snack Tectonic Lab! So thank you to all my Science students this year for providing me with labs to present to other science teachers in Georgia :) Hopefully their students will have as much fun with the lab as you guys did!
HW: Work on your Storm Project (due 2/12/16)
Keep in mind that your Skills Tutor assignments 'Atmosphere' and 'Weather' were due THIS morning. I have inputted the grades already so make sure that your grades on studentvue/parentvue are accurate to what you have done. Some of you have zeros because you have not completed it yet. Make sure you do this ASAP as it was already due!
Also, enjoy your weekend and go BRONCOS!! (I can't morally root for the Panthers being a Falcons fan)
Today we had a guest speaker from the Cobb County Water System talk to us about the Waters of the World and how we can conserve water in order to ensure we are not wasting it. Plus, she also gave us some really awesome heat-sensitive pencils :)
HW: Skillstutor assignments 'atmosphere' and 'weather' are due Friday morning! Make sure you have them done.
Project is due 2/12/16 so make sure you are working on it!
1. Go to www.myskillstutor.com and complete the 'Weather' and the 'Atmosphere' assignments. Make sure you get a 100% on BOTH! I will be checking these grades Friday morning so may sure you have both done by then.
Username: Lunch #
2. Work on your storm project!
HW: Skills Tutor assignments and Project!
1. Start with your notes on the page that Ms. Dudek gave you. You will need to open the power point file at the bottom of this entry and go through it at your own pace. You will need to complete a tree map on the bottom of your notes about the three types of heat transfer (include definition, example and picture for each)
2. Go to www.brainpop.com and watch the 'Heat' video AND the 'Temperature' video. Take both quizzes and circle your answers on the back of your notes
3. Turn in your notes to Ms. Dudek and get a Storm Project Planning sheet. This will help you organize your research about your storm before you start building your model. Once you get your sheet, you can begin researching your storm.